Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Macys, Hairspray, and a Night Tour

Our next stop was Macy's. Meagan had promised her sister that she would buy her something from the Macy's where the Thanksgiving Parade we watch every year takes place.

She bought her these really cool sock things with tassels and pom poms hanging off of them!
After Macy's the girls had decided they wanted to take in another show. So off they went to see Hairspray at the Neil Simon theater.

If you have ever seen the movie, you will understand why Mike and I opted to go on a night tour of the city... Mike wouldn't have been able to take the show!

When our tour was over, we walked back over to the theater to pick the girls up. On our way, we saw a crowd gathered so we waited to see what they were waiting for. A few minutes later, a door opened and out walked last year's American Idol - Taylor Hicks. Mike braved the crowd and got close enough for a couple of photos. He is starring in the Broadway Grease.

We picked up the girls and headed back to the hotel. Our fun was over... we were heading home the next morning.

One last shot in the city... the girls wave good-bye. I have a feeling it won't be Meagan's last trip. She absolutely loved it! And we loved spending the time with her! (and Kimmie too!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. So now that the trip is over, is the blog too??

Heidi

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys it's me Crystal, These are great pictures.I know the feeling I love love love love New York.I always tell Roger if I had alot of Money I would buy a condo in the city, I would go right now,There is nothing like the city.WOW.